What I do
I am an independent healthcare practitioner offering consultations as a Medical herbalist, Nutrition consultant, functional medicine clinician and Nutri-Genetic counsellor for a wide variety of clients. I treat people from all over the world from all walks of life: Celebrities, artists, elite athletes, restaurateurs, royal families, children and adults.
I am passionate about helping my clients attain optimal health and wellbeing and have diagnosed and treated thousands of patients with great success. Many call me a ‘health detective’.
I specialise in health enhancement by spending time with my patients, listening to their histories and evaluating the interactions among genetic, environmental, and lifestyle factors that can influence long-term health and complex, chronic disease. In this way, I can support the unique expression of health and vitality for each individual.
I am also very involved in the field of gluten reactivity disorders and its many often-unknown manifestations of health disruption and disease – Gluten intolerance is now linked to over 150 health conditions, especially autoimmune disease. I have diagnosed hundreds of patients with early Hashimoto’s autoimmune thyroid disease and also have significant experience and success in treating the following:
- Celiac disease, constipation, IBS, IBD, SIBO, Celiac and other digestive disorders;
- Fertility enhancement, menopause, lack of libido and other hormonal issues;
- Blood sugar imbalances and metabolic syndrome;
- High blood pressure and other cardiovascular issues;
- Gluten intolerance and all its manifestations;
- Depression, anxiety, Pyroluria and stress disorders;
- Acnes, psoriasis, eczema and other skin problems;
- Weight optimisation through healthy eating and lifestyle changes;
- Chronic fatigue syndrome and optimising productivity, wellbeing and focus;
- Anti ageing/disease prevention;
- Alzheimer’s and cognitive decline reversal using the Bredesen protocol (a comprehensive lifestyle and nutrition approach to treating - and reversing - early-onset Alzheimer's, developed by Dr Dale Bredesen, neurologist and researcher with the Buck Institute for Research on Aging, California, USA);
- Fibromyalgia and other pain syndromes;
- Auto-immune issues;
- Arthritis and other chronic pain conditions;
- Weight optimisation.
Supplements: I will often recommend supplementation and or herbal medicine to help address/treat underlying health issues and correct deficiencies, this is optional and I prefer patients to try dietary changes for at least two weeks first. However it is always the patient’s choice and if symptoms are severe or debilitating or deficiencies are shown on previous testing you may choose to start them immediately. All supplements and herbal medicines are chargeable extras.
Herbal Medicine: Herbal medicine is an optional individualised prescription specifically designed for you based on your consultation, symptoms and test results, and is provided with full instructions. I use the Mediherb organic herbal medicines from Australia, these are taken in doses from 10 drops to 10 ml twice daily.
Functional Nutrition which emphasises the importance of high quality foods and phytonutrient diversity to address clinical imbalances and move individuals toward the highest expression of health will always be part of your health prescription. This will be based on your clinical presentation, functional medicine history and an advanced nutrition assessment that will include identifying any allergy or food sensitivity reactions that may be exacerbating or indeed causing your symptoms. A major strength of Functional Nutrition is its focus on the molecular mechanisms that underlie disease, providing the basis for targeted, innovative solutions that can restore health.
The current healthcare system fails to take into account the unique genetic makeup of each individual or the ability of food, toxins, and other environmental factors to influence gene expression.The interaction between genes and environmental factors is a critical component in the development of chronic disease and plays a central role in the Functional Nutrition approach.